Crap load of vloggs I'm should have loaded awhile ago.

Crap load of vloggs I'm should have loaded awhile ago.

Friday, July 17, 2009

What do Michael Steele and Martellus Bennett have in common?

What do Michael Steele and Martellus Bennett have in common?

Let’s tart with my favorite Black Republican Michael Steele the Chairman of the RNC. The Abbot of appeasement was speaking at the Young Republicans Convention in Indianapolis. Someone actually recorded an exchange between Michael Steel and some young Republicans and of course like so many things nowadays it was up on YouTube for all to see and hear. When asked by a young person about his plans for more diversity and inclusion in the Republican Party Michaels Steels response was and I quote “My plan is to say Y’all come cause a lot of you are already here, I got the fried chicken and potato salad”. Here video so you can have the full context.






"Fried chicken and potato salad" you said?

Look I’ve gotten nothing against Michael Steele personally. Like I said before he is an appeaser; he wants the Republican Party to be more inclusive but my problem with that is at what cost. The answer is we may already know cost. The cost he’s paying is his self respect which is a high price for any man to pay. The sad thing is he doesn’t seem to mind paying that cost and I have to believe it’s because he so single minded in his cause it’s blinded him to just how bad he looks when says things like this.

I had a certain amount of respect for Michael Steele before this year because I feel like we need black people on both sides of the political isle. However, when Michael Steele back downed in the face Rush Limbaugh I lost a lot of respect for that man.

I mean I already found his positioning as the Chair of the RNC to be suspect it timing with Barrack Obama becoming the first black president. My suspicions we’re well founded when in my opinion RNC real Chairman Rush Limbaugh vocalized his hopes for Barrack’s failure as president. Steele called him out on this he quickly learned who is really in charge of the Republican Party when Limbaugh punk'd him on his radio show. Michael apologized instead of standing up for himself and the party he wants so much be more inclusive. So his whole fried chicken and potato comment doesn’t surprise me but does solidify what I’ve thought black republicans like Michael Steele for some time.

If you think I’m off base about this I was listening to the Russ Parr Morning show while driving to school a week after the Michael Steele vs. Limbaugh controversy and even Armstrong Williams called out Steele for puking out to Limbaugh and you know it’s bad when Armstrong Williams who is a black man one of the more well know staunch supporters of the Republican party is more indignant about Rush Limbaugh than Michael Steele.

Then there is Martellus Bennett Tight End for the Dallas Cowboys. Apparently he has a video he and his brother on YouTube called the Black Olympics showing he and his brother participating in such events as speed fried chicken eating. He also had a watermelon eating contest with his bother also based the speed of the consumption. Thanks Martellus; thanks for reinforcing century old racial stereotypes; not that you seem to understand that.





Yes it would seem that neither Michael Steele or Martellus Bennett have had enough black history or American history to understand why their respective words and actions are so rooted in the worst racial stereotypes this country has to offer. Now obviously there is an age difference between Steele and Bennett is 22 years old ands as some one who’s worked with young people 10 years my junior or younger I can say from personal experience he’s not alone when it comes to not understanding that for mentioned history and why videos like this one are so offensive.

Michael Steele on the other hand is 50 and has to remember experiencing or at the least hearting about acts of racism and the stereotypes that accompanied it. He should know better than the 22 year old than to make a bad joke out of it but like I said before he's blinded by his own cause.

Both of these black man seperated by age, up bringing, and profession lost someting along the way like sohave as strive acceptance when we should working toward empowerment.

No comments: