Crap load of vloggs I'm should have loaded awhile ago.

Crap load of vloggs I'm should have loaded awhile ago.

Monday, July 27, 2009

Not A Good Idea; No No No

I thought I would try something different with a new blog I call Not a Good Idea. Each week if I find some news story on the web that I think sounds like a recipe for disaster I'll write about it.

So while surfing the web I checked out World Star Hip-Hop because you never know what craziness will be on there. There was a video clip from CNN that caught my attention simply it’s of the most bizarre things I have ever seen. There is a car dealership in Kansas City that is giving vouchers for AK-47 if the customer buys a truck. it's promotional sale they've done before except last year it was hand guns.



For starters I 'm not a theologian but I don't think Jesus would've have carried a hand gun much less a AK-47. The second amendment was written when the biggest gun you could have owned at the time was musket that had to loaded with powder, then the bullet before being fired each time and even if you were proficient at doing that you could still only kill one person at a time. AK-47 is a military grade weapon made for open combat situations were there is no law enforcement to provide assistance.

Yes I believe in the 2ND Amendment too but with in reason; owning a hand gun, shotgun, or a hunting rifle should be more than enough for any man. Given the recent down turn in the economy, unemployment on the rise, and hate crimes on the rise are more semi automatic weapons on the streets a good idea? No no no, even good law abiding people can snap and having readily available AK-47 could be more of a curse than a blessing.

As for the if only they had a gun they could have stopped the tragedy before happened argument; owning a gun is not the same thing as owning Lion-O's Sword of Omens it will not give you sight beyond sight to see that something bad is about to happen. Unless that man the car dealer is talking about had been siting in his chair with the AK-47 pointed at his door waiting like Bud in his trailer waiting for Uma Thermon in Kill Bill Volume 2 more than likely the same tragic event would have taken place.

Ask the family of Vernon Forest who was killed Saturday night after being robbed for his wallet by a man at a gas station and proceeded to chase after that man if owning a gun was a good idea. He was approached by a stranger who asked him is he had any money and Vernon pulled out his wallet only have it stolen by the stranger. Vernon had his gun; you know the gun that should have given him the foresight to pull that out instead of his wallet. Vernon chased after the suspect and fired a shot but when he turned his back he got shot several times by multiple assailants. If you go by the logic and reasoning of that car dealer in Kansas City, Vernon just possessing a gun should have protected him and his belongings. He should probably still be alive because he had gun to protect him. No I'm sorry it just doesn't work like that; in the wake of Vernon Forest death along with many others I wish it did.

My foresight is telling this is a bad idea; I understand the dealer ship is trying to sell cars but how about grocery voucher instead a voucher for a fire arm. I'm pretty sure in this economy a lot of people would like to save some money on their food shopping.

(I go over my blogs many times before I post them but I'm only human so please excuse my errors)

No comments: