Crap load of vloggs I'm should have loaded awhile ago.

Crap load of vloggs I'm should have loaded awhile ago.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Big Intro

So this is the big introduction blog. Hello to any and every one reading this for the first time. My name is Jason but for the sake of some kind semi anonymity I blog under the names Silent Jay, Big J, The Unknown Potato Head, and the brownhornet. I probably have a few others but I can’t bring them into memory right now.


In order to kick this inaugural blog off the right way I thought a little back history was in order.


I was born by the river…no I wasn’t I was born in at the FT. Bragg hospital in Fayetteville North Carolina. My father who is no longer with us was in the military when he met my mom; they were married seven years before I was born. Doctors told my mother that she was past a certain point in her life where having another child was possible. Luckily for my parents that diagnoses didn’t stop them from trying. I guess you can say I was a miracle baby; a few months after my arrival my father was transferred to Ft. Ord in California. Ft. Ord is northern California twenty minutes outside Monterey. I’m a Military brat; I was lived and move from Cali back to Virginia where I spent the majority of my youth.


By the way I thought about Vlogging all of this; I have the means to do so but after watching jsmooth’s latest video on illdoctrine.com and his take on Michael Jackson (may he rest in peace) and the whole video media personal validation thing I find myself wrestling with posting any vlogs though I won’t totally rule it out.


So Where was I ah yes I grew up in the suburbs of northern Virginia. I went elementary and high school there along with some junior college and more than a few odd jobs. Those jobs included Barber shops, Dishwasher, Office Clerk. I’ve done some volunteer work and even two years as an AmeriCorps VISTA in an afterschool program.


I’ve traveled a lot; I’ve seen a lot of the United States, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and some parts of Europe too. I’ve have been fortunate enough to meet a lot of different people from all over the world.


I was a published poet at the age of 26. I’ve been published over 12 times and I have even had two songs made out my poems. I’m a writer who’s currently attending school. For those ladies who may be reading this you’ll be happy to know I’m single but you will probably run for the hill when I tell I still live at home. My father passed away from a heart attack eleven years ago and I’ve been looking after my mom ever since. I have an older sister, two nephews, a niece, two grand nieces and a brother-in-law still living in Maryland. There is a lot more but those are tales to be told later.


MISSION STATMENT!
What I would like to do is expand on thoughts I usually have to cut short on Eurweb or my twitter and post them on my own personal blog. This is just my point of view; I'm not speaking for an entire group of people though I would like to believe I represent for my people with my own point of view. I read alot of these blogs and I feel (self servingly enough) my voice is different based on my upbringing. I have a few thoughts to share and if you don't mind a little reading I have a point of view you may not have read before.


Sincerely,


Silent Jay

No comments: